Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Last few commissions & art shows of 2010...

I've been working like a mad woman... with little sleep & with little eats for the entire month of December...

I was able to finish 3 commissions the last week of dec... & now it's finally time to still paint but with a little relaxation, lots of sleep and lots of food...

Here are some highlights of the past few months...

I participated in my first Toronto group show @ Sleeping Giant Gallery on November 26, 2010... It was called by the pound & all the artwork was sold by the pound... duh... Of course being me; I did not follow the rules of course... like always... I did not paint my pieces on a larger width canvas therefore my pieces were hung on the misfit wall.. =T hahaha...


Eden - 14 x 18inches...
Crash - 14 x 18inches... Sold...
Extacy Flight - 14 x 18inches...

I had lots of visitors and supporters... It was amazing to see how many people were there... Even my sisters came and left because Nina was so claustrophobic... I'll add some pictures of people at another time... I think the most positive event that occurred at the opening was that someone other than my own group of supports was interested in buying my "Crash" piece... They spoke to Josh & then Josh pointed to me... It was hard to haggle since the show itself was based on a specific idea & like I already mentioned... I did not follow the rules... I am a misfit... I didn't sell my piece at the show... But my godbrother saw my piece and wanted to add it to his collection...

* * * * * * * * * * * *

A few weeks later the gallery had another show. "Continue? Y/N on December 17, 2010... The theme was based on the countless hours that Josh spends playing video games in the gallery... Artists were to submit a max of 2 pieces in relation to video games or characters from Nintendo or Super Nintendo consoles...


 I submitted 2 pieces for this show... I began thinking of games I wanted to focus on... At first I wanted to do a couple of pieces from Mario Kart... But then I remembered one of my favs... I used to play this at my gf's house when I was in elementary school... I went online to find references for the outfits and face details... I mostly found very provocative and obscene images... I wanted to portray my characters in a classy way... So I integrated some 1940's pin-up poses... I liked the outcome... Altho in my state of utter exhaustion I forgot something on Cammy's piece... I wonder if you can figure out what that is... 

Chun-Li - Fireball - 22x28 inches...

Cammy White - Union Jack...

Lots to write and lots to say... But at the moment my head is in so many places I'm trying just to focus on one thing at a time... I currently have 3 commissions in the works; ongoing pieces from last year... I am working on creating a website for my art... Creating some pieces for upcoming shows in February & March... super excited to see how they're going to turn out... Stay tuned...

... *N

No comments:

Post a Comment