Friday, June 10, 2011

Painting Trails, Upcoming shows & Travel...

Commissioned wedding gift, 2011
This is my first completed painting in 2011... I currently have 12 in the works but I go through these periods of artistic inability and can't seem to get any painting done...

It's so difficult to feel so artistically stifled... I have these periods every year... They usually last a few months at a time... Luckily I'm still able to start pieces and begin the under surface of them...

It's also difficult when I'm working on a piece and I just get stumped... It doesn't look right, or isn't working the right way... I'm also pretty hard on myself... But after that point when I keep going it always turns out great...




I have an upcoming show - Oh Canada @ Dat Salon (442 Dufferin Street Unit E) in Toronto on Friday July 1st - 8pm... I currently have 3 pieces in the works that I'm very excited about & hope to god I finish before my trips... I'm hoping that Ontario Place has fireworks on Canada day so we could all walk down to Lakeshore after the show... That would be nice...



The O'born Gallery in Toronto is having a wicked submission show at the moment... The theme is Apocalypse... Due Date is July 30th @ 6pm


I am out & about... I'm leaving for Boston next weekend for a wedding and then to NYC for a few days after that to support my girlfriend's aesthetician career...

Hope everyone's been doing well...

Cheers to the upcoming summer!!!

...Nga

No comments:

Post a Comment