Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hectic Hectic April...

It's been a month since my last update...

It was my birthday mid April so there were a lot of celebrations which accounted for no updates, no work, nothing too mind consuming... Just a simple update... My brain isn't working at this hour... I had a lot of fun and shared an amazing birthday with lots of people...

I celebrated from Thursday April 14th - Sunday April 24th... Included several events... Fundraising for WWF, Gallery walk, Toronto Art Expo, Clubbing at Live nightclub, Potluck party @ my house, Fundraising Volleyball Tournament in Oshawa and a duel Bday getaway to Niagara falls...

I climbed the CN tower for the WWF...
I posted a link for people to join my team and got an overwhelming response... Last year I only had a team of 4, this year I got a full team of 7 with a few last minute people I couldn't add onto my team due to a cap that I didn't know about...

This is my 6th time climbing and my time was 21:36... I think?.. Something close to that... My fastest was in the 20's... So a minute off...

I was dying!!! By floor 72 my legs were spent... I promised myself that I wouldn't stop climbing... I think I took 1 break... Just to catch my breath... It's never good to stop because you lose your pace and it takes longer to finish...

The boys had already jetted up, well, besides ly who couldn't climb due to improper shoes... I was the first girl and ran out to the viewing deck... When the cold air hit me, I knew It was over and I needed a beer... Badly...

The girls came up together... For their first time in about 40 minutes... All 3 are never climbing again... lol...


Friday I celebrated @ Live nightclub... Being a part of the Hookmeup.to family, it's the thing to do... Popping bottles, lots of hugs... I ended up falling asleep after some ramblings... Thanks to Danielle and Christina for taking care of me and Aaron for carrying me and giving me piggy back rides... lol...

 Pictures at the club were taken by Kevin Chung - He takes the most amazing pictures... Msg him for any upcoming bookings...

with Mr.Chung himself... A little smile coming through...
My work loves...

My Bros in the house...
<3's

Each year I have a potluck at my house... Close friends, games, lots of food, lots of laughs... This year wasn't different...Cori and my Princess came early both at different times and helped me wrap spring rolls... 2 munchkins came early and helped as well... None of which have ever wrapped spring rolls before... Let alone home made spring rolls...

Super fun!!! Lots of people came by and we played Hungy hungry hippos, Roulette shots, Trouble, Sequence, Beer Pong and Caps... Lots of yummy food too... Not a lot of drinking due to the mess before... But also the tournament in Oshawa was the next morning...




When you have bdays close together you don't wanna hafta make time when you don't have it... A weekend getaway was very much needed... Niagara Falls!!! It's nice to turn off your phone and completely disappear... Altho our inn was a bit scary, it did the job... But the shower was really nice... Bright red... 

Even tho Maid of the Mist and Marine Land weren't open, I had opposition to this so it's lucky for him it was closed, We still had some fun walking around on the sunny Saturday... Ihop, Ripley's believe it or not - the most memorable of it was the cannibal tools from the Pacific Islands!!!, Dragonfly, "Splashes" from the falls...

After Dragonfly... Never went clubbing with just another person before...

The "American" Falls...
The sun came out so we could walk around all day...



This was the most memorable and best birthday I've ever had... I was able to spend it with many of the most important people in my life and was blessed to have been given such thoughtful presents...

A gorgeous bouquet of flowers and Flu the rabbit, A shitload of Cds, Casablanca and An affair to Remember, Sephora gift card - mirror - mouse ring holder, Deserres gift cards - make up brushes - make up - spiritual polar bear adoption, web domain, A custom t-shirt - Sexy Beast Jose Bautista, Digital Art, An abstract piece by Next-Level-Art...
"Lil Dinnie"
Because the ones that know... Know exactly who & why he's a "SEXY BEAST!!!"

Absolutely Beautiful and thoughtful...

A collab effort from all my friends... I absolutely love it!!!



April Came and went.... It always flies by when you're having such a fabulous time... But it's time to get back to work and get back to the hustle... I have a few art updates to come & a few more rants... Hopefully in the next few days or so... 

My next group show is in July 1st @ Sleeping Giant Gallery...

My website should be up and running soon enough...

I have about 12 pieces in the works which include commissions, gifts and pieces for art shows...

Til then... Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment