Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Artist Project... Art Gallery... & The Old UncleGrampy Show...

Hey Gang...

Hope everyone is doing well this Mid March... Can you believe it's Spring!!! More sunshine and more showers means May flowers...


Artist Project

I've been out and about as usually... I went to the Artist Project with my girlfriend Fiona... She took some pictures but I can't steal them from her facebook page right now... lol...

We saw many amazing artists in the show and some random people whom I have no idea how they even got there... But props to them for working their mojo on the acceptance committee...

I really liked Alison Hodson - Mixed media Artist ... I had a little talk with her about her art and female artists in general... She was very down to earth...

There was also an emerging artist section to the show... I'm hoping that once I finish a few more commissions that I will be able to start on my personal projects and hopefully apply next year...




Art Gallery of Ontario

I had passes from Groupon for a day at the gallery so Tyler and I spent an afternoon with the arts... The 2nd floor dedication was all for the group on 7 and other Canadian and landscape artists... The contemporary selection was very disappointing... The current showcased artists did not catch our attention nor interest... But I love the new layout and sites that used wood... Especially the staircase... Would be a wicked slide... Lol...

Tyler took this wicked shot... Which I have to admit... Is pretty damn amazing... Altho we got told all day... "no pictures, wrong elevator, don't touch..." I guess that didn't stop him...




Old UncleGrampy


Last Friday March 11th, Sleeping Giant Gallery had a voting show in place... 13 artists exhibited pieces and visitors were asked to vote for their top 2...

I wanted to paint my Ong Ngoai (Grampa on my mother's side)... He had this pimping hats that he always wore and I wanted to incorporate black and white against colours... But my family is very superstitious and painting someone deceased is a big No-No... I don't personally don't have any overly friendly feelings towards any of my uncles... So I obviously chose my Ong Noi (Grampa on my father's side)... I love him... He's in his 80's and still rides around the village on his bike... He loves my grams (whom I supposedly take after), who is crazy independent... He has such a big heart and is so loving... I adore him... I've been lucky enough to posses the opportunity to see him in Vietnam...


My Unexpected Visitors...

Nick's friend, Nick & John...

Rebecca & Sara...
Terry...
#12...

Thanks to all my friends who came by and voted... You guys are hilarious... & was it just a coincidence that my piece was above Tyler's table?.. Snacks are always good... The black and white from both the table and the piece compliment eachother... I'll post a better picture once I get the piece back from the gallery...


That's all for now... I'm busy finishing up some overdue commissions... I've got some wicked commission compositions that I can't wait to finish... 

Til then... Cheers everyone!!!

...Nga

No comments:

Post a Comment